Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Summer 2012

Even though this is my first blog post, I decided that I'll write as if it isn't.  Summer is upon us!  Who would have thought that 2 or 3 months of summer vacation could go by so quickly.  The business of school is right outside of our doors.  Unfortunately, some of us are ignorning those probing thoughts; "get ready for school", "Organize your old school folders", "Do 4 math lessons".  So, for this post, we will concentrate on the good stuff of the summer and forget our business for a little while.  :)

In June, we went down to FL to see family...we all had a great time and the weather wasn't too hot for us!  After we came home, we got into the schedule of summer and the activites that come with it.  I had to get used to taking care of the horses again since I hadn't had to when we were in FL.  Daily feeding, cleaning out of stalls, and watering them soon became normal to me, though. 

On the night of July 3rd, we went into downtown Lebanon to see the fireworks; they were great and lasted for about 15-20 minutes!  The next day was my brother's birthday (we used to tell him that they set off the fireworks just for him).  My sister and I put together a scavenger hunt for him with clues in his room, the kitchen, the porch, the garage, and in the woods.  The final clues led him to his bigest gift...........a red ATV quad!  It is still a little big for him, but fits me perfectly.  He got a red/gray/white/silver helmet to go with it, too.  Thus, I can now enjoy wrecking around our property; sometimes it just helps to release some of my extra energy.  :)

                                                                   driving the 4-wheeler
                                                             opening gifts/scavenger hunt
                                                      Calvin & Hobbs = From the girls


All in all, its been a really nice summer thus far!  More to come later.

"Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer." 
      -Romans 12:12


~Lily  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? I appreciate your thoughts and comments, but please be respectful to others in doing so. Thanks!