Friday, October 12, 2012

A Beautiful Colorado Wedding and a Mini Vacation

          Hi there!  Sorry I have not posted in such a long time...School and horses have kept me quite busy over the last couple of weeks! 

          Can you believe how cold it is?  Its like we suddenly had a cold spell!  I am definitely NOT motivated to get up in the morning when it it cold and dark outside, but animals cannot wait and neither can my school  :(  The vibrant colors seem to pop from the trees before they fall to the ground; at least that is one good thing about the weather!  I love Autumn, but usually it is not this cold!   

...............
         
          A few weeks ago my family and I got to fly out to CO for my cousin's wedding and a few days of vacation.  We had a great time.  We went to Estes Park and got a small little hotel near a lake.  Until then, I didn't realize how much I miss the mountains of California!  We went hiking as a family to several lakes...the elevation really had me out of breath at the last lake!  Also, the weather couldn't have been better: it was consistently in the 70's and was sunny and warm.  After a few days in Estes Park, we drove to Fort Collins for my cousin's wedding.  We arrived the day before the wedding so that we could help set up everything.  Yes, my aunt and cousin are brave.  They organized the wedding so that it would be at their house!  How cool is that?  They love to go to 'junk jaunts' and buy vintage/old fashioned furniture and home decor.  Then, they spruce it up to look fresh but rustic...I absolutely love their style preferences!  Anyway, they made most ALL the decorations for the wedding, from the chalk-board menus to the table decorations!  It was all perfectly thought out and very organized.  So, all in all, I thought I'd share some pictures with you.  I apologize ahead of time for all of them...but they are all so pretty!  :)  Enjoy!

 Instead of having a cake, some people (who didn't have to fly to CO) made a wide variety of yummy pies!
 This is where some of the tables where.  I loved the vintage-looking frames!
 I tied the burlap and yarn to more than half of these flowers with the help of some friends
 The "Bride & Groom" tent.  The whole wedding party ate and lounged in this tent
 All the table settings were handmade...notice the burlap on the mason jar and on the table
 This was a great twist and added the 'vintage' feel.  I heard a lot of "How do you use this?"  :)  Is type-writing an old skill already?
This is where they got married 
 So pretty!
 These were some rustic looking doors that they hung some artwork (gifts).  On the table there was a vintage suitcase that people would drop their letters into
 
I guess I should have put this picture first  :)
 
Is that enough pics? Oh, I have to add one (I promise, just one) more picture:
 

I took that this one while we were hiking...pretty amazing (at least for Ohioans), right?!  :)
 
 
Well, bye for now!
 
~Lily 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? I appreciate your thoughts and comments, but please be respectful to others in doing so. Thanks!