Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Book Review // Little Britches

       Hello, readers.  This week I will be reviewing one of my all-time favorite books entitled "Little Britches-Father and I were Ranchers."  This first book in the series takes place in Colorado in 1906 and is actually written by the main character, Ralph Moody.  From learning how to do stunt work on a galloping horse to character-lessons from his father, Ralph describes his adventures as a boy who moved from New Hampshire to the wilderness of Colorado.  Many struggles haunt the Moody family, one of which being their new home.
     
       After being falsely informed that their new homestead was in good condition and with only $300 to their name, Mrs. and Mr. Moody must learn to survive in the wilderness and support a family.  Ralph helps his father repair their shanty and begin to create a lively-hood for their family.

       Even though my mother read this book aloud to me and my siblings when I was littler, the wonderful adventures and descriptions still draw me into Ralph Moody's world of the early 1900's.

Recommended age:  I'd say probably 8-88 for the whole series
Pros:  great message and quotes from Ralph's father about the importance of character in a young man
Cons: some language

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? I appreciate your thoughts and comments, but please be respectful to others in doing so. Thanks!