Monday, June 16, 2014

Photography T&T #4


For #4 of the photography tips and techniques series of my posts, I wanted to share with you a few pictures from a photo shoot of a friend last fall.  Granted, I have learned a lot since I took these pictures, but I also have a lot to learn!  With that, I will just be talking about each photo :)


This photo was taken on our property near a fence.  It is awesome that a simple (and ugly) barbed wire fence can look so natural in a picture!  I think we have talked about this before, but fences are great ways to draw the viewer's eyes to the subject of the photo.
I like this picture because it gives the reader an idea of the subject's personality.  It also matches with the theme of her clothes:  rustic, cute, simple, colorful, boho-chic sort of look

 Loving the wild-flowers!




and the fence again....


Here is another example of how I used the branches to make a sort of frame around the subject.  Though they did leave shadows on her, the branches helped to add a feel of coziness to a picture that could be awkward.



In this picture, I used the rule of thirds:  my subject is taking up about two thirds of the photo



What do you think of this photo-shoot?  Is there anything you would have done differently? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? I appreciate your thoughts and comments, but please be respectful to others in doing so. Thanks!