Thursday, June 5, 2014

Change

Hello, readers.  As you may have noticed, I have not posted here in a while.  Thoughts about this blog have been flowing in and out of my head.  I have learned that true and raw inspiring words are sometimes hidden in the small circumstances in our lives and are often hard to come by.  Sometimes, often actually, life is not full of "bangs."  Sometimes things are slow.  And so it is with my inspiring posts.  Sometimes they spike, but most of the time the ideas ferment in my mind but never fully come out on the blank page in front of me.  Sometimes, I look at other people's blogs and think, "wow, they know what they are talking about!  They have a purpose to their blog...and the design is actually pretty!"

 I have been contemplating the real purpose of this blog.  To narrow it down, lets start with the easy part.  The things that my blog is NOT:
-a place for me to talk about ME and only ME
-a blog packed with DIY and awesome tutorials
-a text-book blog

Okay, now this should be easier.  Here is what my blog is supposed to be:
-a place where I can inspire people in any possible way
-a place to show people God's love through the small joys in life
-a blank page for my thoughts, muses, and beliefs to flow through from my head to yours
-a place to share about my interests (photography, horseback riding, drawing, books)

Here are some things you'll find here:
-lots of pretty pictures :)
-(hopefully) inspiring messages about all sorts of things
-book and movie reviews-coming soon (yay!)
Find joy in the ordinary
And so, friends, I have learned a valuable lesson.  Blogs, like people, reflect thoughts, interests, emotions, and life-circumstances.  They all aren't (and shouldn't) be the same.  Some are pretty, some are so basic it is painful (example: this blog...I'm working on that)  :)  but all are unique and reflect the character of their author(s) through the marvelous miracle of words.

Joy isn't only found in the complex and huge things in life.  Most of the time, the peace and the joy of the Lord can be spotted in the day to day journeys that we take.  As C.S. Lewis says, "Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back, everything is different."  With that, I dare you to

find joy in the ordinary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do YOU think? I appreciate your thoughts and comments, but please be respectful to others in doing so. Thanks!